Many people say you’ll find love when you find someone just like you. Someone who likes the same things as you, has the same hobbies, someone who has the same goal in life. Sorry, but I don’t agree.
I don’t think love has to do with opinions, goals, or whatever. Love is a feeling (now it’s when scientifics kill me, and say love is a chemical reaction… okay, okay…), and therefore love has to be with feelings. If you feel happy when you are with that person, if you feel special when you are with that person, if you feel safe and confident with that person, and most important, if you LOVE that person, then you have found love. It doesn’t matter if he/she has different opinions of yours, it doesn’t matter if he/she (but mostly “he”) loves football and you don’t. What it matters is that he/she will be there for you. He/she will listen and take care of you. Always. And THAT’s true love (of course both of you have to share some basic points of view: killing is bad, being a terrorist is bad… you know, the typical things).
So, I’m fed up of people thinking Jimmy and I love the same things and share the same points of view. We don’t. We love each other. We take care of each other. We enjoy being together. But we are different. Fortunately, we both think killing is bad, and fortunately, neither of us is a terrorist (which is something basic, you know). And we share some dreams and goals. But we are different.
7 things Jimmy and Chloe don’t share:
1) I love peaceful computer games, such as The Sims 3. Jimmy, however, prefers computer games involving guns, martial arts or war.
2) I LOVE movies like Meet the Parents or The Proposal, while Jimmy hates them and enjoys Alien vs. Predator (Ugh!) or Terminator (how can anyone enjoy that?????? Robots, robots, monsters, robots… And I’m afraid of all of them!!! I can’t watch a movie if I’m hiding behind my Doritos bag!).
3) I hate CSI Miami, because I HATE Horatio Caine! And Jimmy LOVES it! and LOVES him! (I prefer Ghost Whisperer…)
4) I’m very impatient. If I want something to happen, I want it NOW. Jimmy, on the contrary, is the most patient person I’ve ever met. And that drives me crazy!!
5) I love blogging, Facebook, Twitter… Jimmy finds them a waste of time. That’s why I’m still waiting for a guest post written by Jimmy…
6) I love taking photos, GOOD photos!! And Jimmy gets bored when I bring my camera with me and start taking pictures of everything. Maybe I have Japanese ancestors!
7) Jimmy loves sport, mainly soccer… I fall asleep when we he’s watching a soccer game.
And so on.
But despite all this, I LOVE Jimmy. I LOVE Jimmy sooo much! And maybe our differences make our life more interesting 🙂
Unless there’s a soccer game…